SecureKey is a leading identity and authentication provider that simplifies consumer access to online services and applications. SecureKey enables next generation privacy-enhancing identity and authentication networks for conveniently connecting people to critical online services using a digital credential they already have and trust. SecureKey is headquartered in Toronto. For more information, please visit www.securekey.com.
SecureKey is looking for a principal content storyteller and UX manager to join our embedded product design team, to be at the top of their game to be the lead on experience optimization partnering closely with our product design team and business leaders to write clear and succinct communications across a variety of settings and styles that help clients more effectively use new and existing products from Verified.Me.
Our ideal candidate will be able to parse information from existing products and design ideas, and technical documents creating compelling narratives and well written messaging. Your superpower is being able to work cross-functionally to create accurate, clear, and brand-relevant copy suitable for all digital platforms. You are comfortable editing and proofreading your own work and can work autonomously without losing sight of the value of collaboration and open communication. Organization, attention to detail and a commitment to high standards will be the key to succeeding in this role.
Goals are 1) to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the technical designer and development teams by continuously improving the playbooks that define how we craft experiences; 2) to provide direct support to the other teams during their busiest times on the product requirements and delivery process; and 3) to identify and operationalize the content needed to provide amazing customer experiences and efficient transaction execution. 4) Publish and record source of truths for alignment across the org as a content resource. This is an individual contributor role who is a content strategist that will guide the requirements from key stakeholders in legal, privacy, business and technical, to inform design creation, and technical team validation and effectively identify and clarify opportunities, self-organize around initiatives, and measure and report on their success.
- Help define the UX strategy, vision, and customer journey for key parts of the SecureKey suite of product solutions for Canada and internationally.
- Owning the creation and organization of playbooks in conjunction with the product design needs to evolve and iterate the execution of repeatable customer experiences.
- Clarifying the needs of legal, privacy, business and technical stakeholders and assisting in identifying the experience design resources need to solve their challenges.
- Partnering with the Product Technology group to solve for customer and client challenges through mobile and web technologies and the content management system.
- Measuring the success of the Experience Optimization and their individual initiatives with user, operational, and business KPIs.
- Driving end-to-end stakeholder reviews of our most important design initiatives for executives across all areas of the business.
- Communicating design rationale to help educate and provide feedback to cross-functional teams on the value of user-centred design.
- Working collaboratively with marketing and your peers in product design community to build scalable solutions that improve the user experience.
- Crafting deliverables such as user research insights, process flows, and behavioural analytics reports to effectively communicate design strategies and detailed interaction behaviours.
- Navigating a dynamic Agile environment that requires independent self-direction with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams and our digital intelligence peers to strategize measurement plans and usability evaluation that validates design hypotheses.
- Consulting with stakeholders early and often to ensure alignment and synergy on the progress of different initiatives.
- Refining and adding content for various deliverables as needed, often working with the project requester to better understand their subject matter and goals, helping to translate those into stronger content.
- Collaborating closely with marketing to develop an understanding of the personality and communication style and adjust deliverables to fit that style.
- Consistently double check the accuracy of information and work product output.
- Understand learning objectives and proof outlines and drafts to ensure that learning objectives are addressed in the content.
- Create accurate, clear, and brand-relevant copy suitable for all digital platforms.
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to cultural and gender issues in verbal and written communication.
- Prioritize information effectively and keep others informed on the status of assigned work as well as any issues that may affect them.
- As needed, help proof final deliverables and ensure final content appears as intended.
- Proven ability to write engaging content in a real-time environment that can stimulate user interaction, discussion and engagement
- 3-5+ years of experience writing in different platforms (Web, Social, Educational) for a wide variety of industries, extensive experience in an individual contributor role on a product or web design team a plus.
- Experience working with Director and VP level leadership.
- Impeccable grammar and technical writing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Creative Writing, or Advertising/Marketing with copywriting focus or equivalent experience.
- Ability to learn and embody a range of tones and voices in written form, given the diversity of project types and teams we work with.
- Advanced skills in interaction design, information architecture, usability evaluation, and user research.
- Extensive experience working closely with business to define the strategy and rationale for features.
- Ability to quickly identify both user goals and business goals from stakeholders and to translate those goals into detailed requirements.
- Familiarity with working in an Agile or Scrum environment.
- Highly collaborative mindset that allows you to build trust and accountability.
- Natural curiosity to explore fresh ideas, to capture assumptions into clear hypotheses, and to validate those hypotheses through various evaluation methods.
- Ability to embrace change with positivity and enthusiasm.
- Working knowledge of Sketch and / or other design and presentation tools to collaborate with technical designers and present solutions.
Be part of a high-performance team – submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.