Job Opening: Sr. Systems Administrator
Toronto, ON, Canada
Sr. Systems Administrator
SecureKey is a leading identity and authentication provider that simplifies consumer access to online services and applications. SecureKey enables next generation privacy-enhancing identity and authentication networks for conveniently connecting people to critical online services using a digital credential they already have and trust. SecureKey is headquartered in Toronto, with offices in Boston and San Francisco. For more information, please visit www.securekey.com.
The ideal candidate will have experience handling multiple vendor relationships and working closely with them to meet our growing business requirements efficiently and cost effectively. The ideal candidate for this role would have experience running Linux and VMWare Cloud Fabric within an Internet Data Centre.
This talented individual must be able to work in a fast paced, highly dynamic environment with new software releases coming frequently as we grow our platform offering and add to our growing list of clients. Working in a demanding and fast paced environment from the Yonge and York Mills area this individual contributor must be able to establish priorities among multiple, competing demands and to meet deadlines.
- Day-to-Day operations and maintenance of the server infrastructure and supporting SecureKey’s cloud services with a focus on Red Hat Linux, JAVA application servers, Docker, MySQL, Postgres and support iOS/Android mobile applications.
- Implementation of production changes in out-of-hours maintenance windows
- On-call for critical incident support on a rotational basis
- Provide input to post implementation reviews and RCAs
- Management of issues using an ITIL-compliant ticketing system
- Vendor Management
Required Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years’ experience in system / infrastructure administration or related field
- Passionate about your work and creating quality solutions
- Strong skills in critical thinking and problem solving.
- Management of multi-tiered environments
- Management and troubleshooting of Tomcat application servers or SpringSource tc Server
- Hands-on experience with server / network infrastructure delivering Internet facing applications and solutions
- Must be completely comfortable working in a shell environment
- Strong networking configuration and troubleshooting skills on Linux platforms
- Strong team player (who is fun to work with!)
- Ability to comply with strict processes in a highly controlled and monitored production environment
- Strong desire to learn and work with new Web and Mobile technologies and architectures
- Well organized, self-starter who is able to work under pressure and manage deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Experience with Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes/OpenShift, CloudFoundry/PCF
- Experience with Docker, nginx/Proxy, Git, CI/CD, Apache 2.x servers
- Experience with Spacewalk/Foreman, Atlassian Confluence\JIRA
- Good foundation of SSL TLS Certificates
- Shell / Interpreter scripting skills (bash/python)
- Good foundation in Information Security best practices
- Experience with MySQL and Postgres deployments in high availability configurations
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Managing mission critical systems in high availability configurations
- Experience in Linux (preferably Red Hat) system preparation and administration
- Experience with Linux system hardening
- Experience with auditing and reporting tools
- Experience with solution evaluation
- Maintaining systems in a Managed Configuration including server baseline establishment, change tracking, server build reports, and other configuration management procedures.
- Ability to design and deliver solutions to meet a given customer requirement
- Familiarity with Splunk/Graylog and monitoring tools
- Knowledge of Blockchain a plus
- Experience with AWS services
- Experience with Git, Jenkins build service
- Basic knowledge of HSM
- Monitoring IPS like OSSEC
Be part of a high-performance team – submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.