Job Opening: ITSM Specialist – Service Desk Manager
Toronto, ON, Canada
ITSM Specialist – Service Desk Manager
SecureKey is a leading identity and authentication provider that simplifies consumer access to online services and applications. SecureKey enables next generation privacy-enhancing identity and authentication networks for conveniently connecting people to critical online services using a digital credential they already have and trust. SecureKey is headquartered in Toronto. For more information, please visit www.securekey.com.
The ideal candidate for this role would have experience managing outsourced Service Desk Agents and ITSM processes such as Incident Management & Request Fulfillment; have experience establishing rules for ticket triaging, as well as managing Incidents per the various SLAs.
Working with the existing ITSM team, this talented individual must be innovative and have a passion for identifying improvement opportunities and the skill and drive needed to implement them with documented tangible results to the business and our customers. Working in a demanding and fast paced environment from the Yonge and York Mills area this individual contributor must be able to establish priorities among multiple, competing demands and meet deadlines. The role reports to the Director of IT Service Management.
- Day-to-Day management of an outsourced team of service desk agents and the supporting processes
- Act as a single point of contact for Service Desk agents, provide guidance to technical and procedural questions while ensuring the processes are followed.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the service desk team and its function and make recommendations for improvement.
- On-call for critical incident support on a rotational basis.
- Develop and maintain all service desk and incident management processes & procedures.
- Subject Matter Expert owning all things relating to the service desk and Incident Management.
- Administer, configure & architect the ticketing system and other ITSM tools (BMC Footprint).
- Track incidents throughout their lifecycle to ensure they meet SLA targets.
- Define, track and report on key performance indicators & critical success factors.
- Utilize data and feedback to make necessary adjustments to process and procedures to ensure SLA’s targets are met and quality is maintained.
- Ensure all compliance requirements are met.
- Participate in problem Root Cause Analysis.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in service delivery.
- 2+ years experience managing a service desk team.
- ITIL Foundations v3 certificate (minimum).
- Experience in Incident Management & establishing rules for ticket triage.
- Experience coordinating real-time war room bridges with all key stakeholders 24×7.
- Customer facing experience in meetings and during real-time incident management.
- Experience documenting and disseminating training material to service desk agents, partners and customers.
- Experience in the administration, configuration & architecture of ITSM tools, BMC Footprint & Jira Service Desk experience would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross functional collaboration to meet a defined objective.
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous service improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to architect and implement new processes.
- Demonstrated ability to overcome opposition to changes you or your team is proposing.
- Experience preparing for and participating in customer and industry compliance audits.
- Strong skills in critical thinking and problem solving.
- Advance Microsoft office skills.
- Working experience with Jira suite, “Confluence” experience is an asset.
- Well organized, self-starter who is able to work under pressure and manage deadlines with a strong attention to quality and details.
- Strong team player (who is fun to work with!).
- Positive can-do attitude.
- Fluent speaking, reading and writing in English, French would be an asset.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Intermediate Certificate in:
- Service Operations (Lifecycle) and/or
- Operational Support Analysis (Capabilities)
- Deep understanding of the components within the Service Operation Lifecycle and their interdependencies.
- Previous experience participating in the response of RFPs and RFI’s
- Previous experience in authentication and identity management services
Be part of a high-performance team – submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.