SecureKey, the identity and authentication solutions provider that links consumer ID to trusted devices, today announced the availability of the briidge.net Connect 3.0 Service. briidge.net Connect is a cloud-based dynamic authentication and digital ID service designed to deliver the best security and user experience across a wide range of consumer devices and channel delivery use cases (web, mobile, call center, kiosk and counter service). By anchoring digital IDs in the devices that consumers already use, SecureKey is mitigating the risks associated with passwords, while improving the experience consumers have in engaging with online businesses.
“Consumers want an easier way to engage with the online businesses they trust without having to remember a large number of unique, complex user IDs and passwords. Businesses need to eliminate the risk associated with storing this information – it is a security risk and it is friction for users. The password problems making headlines every day continue to run rampant because they are based on an outdated model, and consumers are fed up,” said Stu Vaeth, VP of Product at SecureKey. “It’s time to evolve the current authentication paradigm based upon the password and replace it with the use of a digital ID that is anchored in the devices consumers already possess. The briidge.net Connect 3.0 Service is enhanced to give businesses a better credential management model while giving consumers the choice, control and convenience they seek.”
The briidge.net Connect 3.0 Service is designed to ensure the best user experience. There are no keys or separate software for users to install or maintain. There are no One-Time-Passwords (OTPs) to transpose or enter (or for malware to intercept). Devices are provisioned over the air with minimal user interaction. By optimizing the user experience briidge.net Connect 3.0 removes the barriers to user acceptance, while increasing security. Enabled through the use of a mobile or a web SDK, briidge.net Connect can be embedded in a variety of web and mobile applications, including call center workflows. This approach allows service providers to offer a secure and seamless omni-channel experience.
New briidge.net Connect 3.0 Service Features include:
- PC Device Anchoring Support: A new Web SDK is available that enables web applications to easily integrate with the Connect service, and deliver a frictionless user experience on all popular in-market browsers. This now allows all in-market PC’s whether supported with hardware anchors in Intel IPT-enabled devices or without such Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) support to be addressable within SecureKey authentication networks.
- Mobile SDK Use Case Enhancements: Enables a seamless in-app experience for Android, iOS and Blackberry mobile apps, enhanced to support web-to-mobile transaction verifications in concert with the Web SDK.
- Intelligent Security Platform Detection: In order to provide optimal security, consumer devices enrolled within the briidge.net Connect service are analyzed to detect the presence of a hardware security component, such as Intel IPT. The Connect service takes advantage of the strongest available anchoring technique within the device – such as TEE, Hardware Secure Element (HW-SE), or SIM-SE – or the default use of a software anchor, which is provisioned seamlessly to the consumer. More than 3 billion consumer devices around the globe are compatible today with the briidge.net Connect Service.
- Omni-Channel Use Case Support: Seamlessly integrates into mobile and web applications with an expanded set of SDKs, allowing organizations to deliver a simple and secure omni-channel experience. The multi-device QuickCode PIN has also been extended in v3.0 to work across both web and mobile channels.
- Secure ID Attribute Storage: Includes a secure storage capability per user, allowing the user to gather and share trusted information such as: name, address, birthdate and phone number. These attributes can support a wide range of use cases for banking, commerce, health care, and other applications.
- Support for NFC Smart Card Multi-Factor Authentication: Including Android devices, Intel IPT card readers and proprietary USB card readers in form factors for personal, counter and kiosk uses.
- Configurable Levels of Assurance: Provides organizations with the ability to determine the level of validation or assurance. Organizations, through policy and/or transaction context, can set the assurance level based upon use cases such as: Device ID only, Device ID + QuickCode, Device ID + QuickCode + Card Tap.
The Connect Service is based upon the use of Global Platform protocols and EMV key management, resulting in a service that is the most open, globally proven and most scalable approach within the industry today for online authentication. briidge.net Connect 3.0 ensures that each device is globally unique through the use of a device ID that is included with each authentication response, ensuring that applications are fully aware of the device in use, and available in transaction and audit records. With no passwords to store and no passwords to transport, briidge.net Connect 3.0 makes it easy for users to connect with the brands they trust while enabling service providers to mitigate the privacy risks associated with usernames, passwords and personal verification questions.