Job Opening: Fraud Specialist
The Fraud Specialist is responsible for the ongoing daily operation of the Verified.Me Fraud Management and Prevention programs. This includes the daily review and response to any potential or actual fraud events, providing status reporting, developing processes/policies/training to mitigate the risk of Fraud. Responsibilities would also include defining the architecture and requirements for the Fraud Management System, and overseeing the build of that system.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to interact with Senior Management, Partners, Law Enforcement and Internal Teams.
- Strong experience in MS Office business applications
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary information
- Ability to build relationships and work independently
- Ability to manage a small team of fraud analyst/investigators
- 10 years of relevant fraud management experience and a familiarity with a wide array of fraud vendors, tools, applications and solutions
- Experience in supporting Fraud Detection Projects as business SME
- Current knowledge of industry trends, regulations and compliance requirements
- Knowledge of FINTRAC & AML Regulations (nice to have)
- Strong knowledge of financial services industry
- Strong knowledge of Security and Privacy concepts
- Certified Fraud Examiner certification (nice to have)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily administration of fraud prevention, detection and remediation programs.
- Develop and release reporting on fraud trends and mitigation recommendations.
- Develop the requirements for the Fraud Management System, including the architecture and rules engine.
- Work collaboratively with partners and internal groups during fraud investigations, and lead implementation of fraud related projects.
- Participate in Industry Fraud Forums and working groups and maintain awareness of emerging fraud risks
- Maintain current knowledge and educate the wider organization on fraud risks
- Provide fraud subject matter expertise to all internal groups
- Develop and implement processes to mitigate the risk of fraud internally, and across the consortium.
- Develop reporting to depict current and historical trends, and identify specific areas of focus.
- Continuously improve fraud detection and mitigation capabilities through analysis of events, observation of emerging trends and implementation of corrective measures.